About The Foundation
The O.J. Noer Foundation has proudly supported scientific turfgrass research since 1958. As a non-profit organization, members of the O.J. Noer Foundation are dedicated to promoting the turfgrass industry by training graduate students for research, sharing their results and managing financial support for future research programs.
Since its inception, our foundation has supported turfgrass research with grants totaling over $1.5 million and has played a vital role in the development of the turfgrass industry for nearly 60 years.
- To promote scientific research in turfgrasses and related fields
- To train graduate students for conducting said research by offering financial assistance
- To disseminate results of said investigations
- To receive donations and endowments to achieve aforesaid purposes in perpetuity
- To, by so doing, honor this continent's most widely known and respected turfgrass agronomist- the late and beloved O. J. Noer